------- waddafak: To 3G or Not?

Saturday, July 21, 2007

To 3G or Not?

Being on the road so much and always needing to have internet access, at most times from remote areas, i am thinking of getting myself a 3G pack from Celcom. I did wander into the Celcom outlet at Jalan Satok but as usual their customer service was really too dumbstruck to tell me anything except that to recommend i visit one of their authorised dealers. I didn't bother for the moment.
I am used to having 3G back in Aussieland and was even more intrigued when there was some comment about the datacard's being from Vodafone and all? Now i am wondering which one of the datacards Celcom is using from Vodafone? And there is a rumour that the driver does not run well with Vista? Just being Ke-po.
The Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) lets me access at all times at speeds of up to 1.8Mbps (while in 3G Broadband coverage areas) and is 3G Broadband (HSDPA) and GPRS capable.

The Vodafone Mobile Connect Data Card (3G) lets me access my emails, business files and internet at all times at speeds of up to 384kbps (while in 3G coverage areas) and is also GPRS capable.
I figure the asking price from Celcom of RM120/- per month is not too bad, but this needs to be confirmed and as usual there is always those surprises weiting for you at the billing result. Probably some extra metered charge for roaming outside a designated area.

[Then Of Course The SPEED. As Bad As TM Net?]
and
[Why Are The Photo's Lopsided? Waddafak!]

Labels:

Streamyx Sucks